Hi, I’m new to Raspberry Pi and am failing to get the Inky Phat to update at all when I run the example scripts.
So far I can’t even determine if this is a software or a hardware/installation issue or software problem.
- I’m using the Zero W Complete Starter Kit from Vilros, which includes a 2x20-pin Strip Dual Male Header.
- The Pimoroni Getting Started page says no soldering is required, so I’ve just used the header to connect the Inky Phat to the Zero W board. Here’s a photo. It’s a little loose but stays in place. In all my Youtube and web searches I cannot find a picture of someone actually showing how they connect the Inky Phat to the Pi. Is this right?
- I actually have to Inky Phats and have tried both with no results, so it’s not likely to be a faulty unit.
unamesays I’m running
Linux raspberrypi 4.19.97+ #1294 Thu Jan 30 13:10:54 GMT 2020 armv6l GNU/Linux
- Generally the OS seems to work ok in general, though it has crashed more than once. I’ve enabled SSH and can access the Pi from my mac.
- In my first run of
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/inky | bash, I got some errors about packages not being available.
- In my first runs of the test scripts, I got the “i2c is not enabled” errors. I switched that on through the GUI/preferences, and now when I run the scripts, I don’t get any errors. But the Inky Phat never updates.
- I’ve tried running the scripts with
python...with no effect.
Any help would be appreciated — thanks!