Dodgy speaker maybe?

Hi

Try and move as many of the wires as possible that cross the PCB near the loudspeaker connections as that is what caused the problem with mine as the amplifier chip seems to pickup interference from them. Once the wires had been rerouted it no longer buzzes.

Cheers

Paul

OK i can say i have a faulty Picade board.
I have buzzing only on the right speaker, if i dissconnect the right speaker everything is fine.
When i conncet the left speaker to the contacts for the right one the left starts buzzing.
So the fault must be on the picade board.

Many Thanks to Matt and the rest of the Pim Pirates. With the new Picade PCB everything is working fine now.
Awesome customer service !

Hi guys,

Got a picade last week. I have exactly the same problem with the right output.
Already tried inverting the speakers, disconnecting the wires, the problem seems to lie in the board.
I wanted to try to downmix the sound to mono and plug both speakers to the left output on the picade but this would be my very last option T_T (maybe Iā€™ll do it anyway since the cade is a gift for my best friendā€™s 40th birthday and the date is approaching quickly).

Where should I sign to get a replacement ?

If you are in a hurry, you could try touching up the soldering points on the audio in jack, itā€™s a fairly straightforward job and will hopefully get things back on track.

If not, shoot an email to support@pimoroni.com explaining the issue.

Hi again,

Just to let you know that the soldering iron did the trick. The sound is working fine now.
Thanks for your help !

2 Likes

Just to chime in on this, I had a similar problem with our BilgeTank Picade just recently, and found the Picade board had been screwed down preeeeeetyyy tight, causing one contact of the audio jack to pop right off the board. Easy enough fix with a soldering iron, if you run into this issue and are well equipped.

Otherwise, be gentle with those screws- Iā€™ll see if we can do anything to mitigate this for future users.

Seems like I have the same issue (buzzing right speaker). Havenā€™t soldered before so would appreciate a bit more detailed instructions of what should be doneā€¦ Thanks! // Peter