Enviro Indoor not seen when connected with USB

Hi everybody,

I own an Enviro Indoor board that seems to work fine except for the USB connection.

My end-goal is to avoid the local storage of records if an end-point is defined and if the Wi-Fi connection is active. That way the memory does not get bloated as time goes by. To do that, I need to edit the onboard scripts, and thus to connect the board to my computer through USB.

It’s pretty difficult to make it work, most of the time the board is not recognized. I see that because Thonny cannot access the scripts, plus the board is not listed when I run lsblk . I have tried using all the USB ports that my computer has, I also tried using other cables than the one provided with the accessory kit, and nothing worked. I have also tried to connect it to a Windows computer and I got an alert saying that there was an error with the device. All in all, I think I managed to access the board’s file twice, and without really knowing why it worked compared to the other attempts.

I don’t seem to be the only one in that situation as this topic mentions a similar problem, the only difference being that the user uses a Debian-based distro (Ubuntu) while I use a Red Hat-based one (Fedora). The topic has been inactive for about two years and I don’t know if a solution has been found.

If you have any idea to help me solve this issue, I’d be happy to hear about it! If you need any further information about the board or my computer, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Corentin.

I’m in the same situation with an Enviro+ accessories kit I just purchased from my local (not really local, more like 3 hours away) Micro Center. It worked for a bit, and then have the same usb communication issue you are experiencing. Tried all the same stuff and then my BOOTSEL button broke. 🤦‍♂️ I’m trying to communicate through thonny on as Pi 5 and same issues when I plug into my windows 10 pc. I’m at a loss, I love the concept. I’m new to pi’s and coding, and am kind of disappointed (not with Pimoroni) that this didn’t work out of the box. I expected to have some work to get it to work. I’m wondering if there was a bad run of Pico Ws dated 2022. Working in the trucking and automotive industries I have seen a lot of “post covid” electronics that are failing severely prematurely. I’ll get off my soap box now! Sorry I didn’t have any help! Hopefully keeping some comments on this post with get it some attention 🤔🤔