How to set up nvme case for rpi5

Hi guys,
I need some help here, as I realize I bought too many redundant stuff.
So my rpi5 now has the nvme bottom hat with a 500gb ssd, and the active cooler.
Now I just got this case: Argon NEO 5 M.2 NVME PCIE Case for Raspberry Pi 5 (pimoroni.com)

I’m not sure what to do since this case seems to already have the bottom hat where the ssd is supposed to go. But I really don’t want to use that, I already installed the other hat. It seems I will have to remove the active cooler again, for a second time, after trying another case that I got (the pibow) which didn’t work either…

So before I keep adding and removing stuff, and buying stuff that I don’t need… what should I do? I’d really appreciate some help, I’m close to getting pissed with myself… I mean, Pimoroni’s service is really awesome, and quality of the stuff I bought, even if I don’t need it, is great, everything is really cool and I’m starting to dig this new hobby, but I need some fresh air.

I did similar miss steps when I first started tinkering with Pi’s.

If your going to want to use the Argon case, your going to have to use its NVMe base. You can try and swap things around but I bet the Pimoroni base isn’t going to fit. You will need to also ditch the Pi active cooler. And use the Argon cases cooling setup. It’s what I would do. That case is in my wish list for a future purchase.

Once you have the active cooler removed. If the thermal pads aren’t damaged, cover them with a piece of waxed paper. Then put the whole thing in a zip lock bag. The wax paper comes off easily if you decide to try and reuse it latter on. And the thermal pads should still be sticky etc.

1 Like

Hi alphanumeric, yea this is good, I’ll do that. I’m learning a lot, absolutely everything is new so the amount of learning is huge, which is what I was looking for.
Now what I’m missing is audio, and maybe a battery which I don’t even know it’s needed. Do you recommend anything?

Real Time Clock Battery? I added the official rechargeable to mine.
I bought it from Adafruit. Raspberry Pi 5 RTC Battery : ID 5817 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

It is optional. The Pi will sync the time when it gets an Internet connection.

Alright! And what about audio? So that ycan plug a good mic and record.

This maybe?
ReSpeaker USB Mic Array (pimoroni.com)