Hyperpixel 4.0 Touch AND HDMI0 is blank on Raspberry Pi 4 with Kali Linux and the hyperpixel4 drivers. Why? How to make this usable?

Hyperpixel 4.0 Touch AND HDMI0 is blank on Raspberry Pi 4 with Kali Linux and the hyperpixel4 drivers. Why? How to make this usable?

Kali ARM 64-bit Raspberry Pi 4 version used is from here:

https://images.offensive-security.com/arm-images/kali-linux-2020.1a-rpi3-nexmon-64.img.xz

hyperpixel4 drivers and instructions used are here:

Removing HDMI0 and rebooting after install produces a backlit Hyperpixel 4.0 with no text or any image at all.

Inserting the HDMI0 with the Hyperpixel 4.0 installed produces a four color pattern with no text on the Pi 4 and a backlit but blank Hyperpixel 4.0

So, how do I debug this?

How do I get this to function with the Hyperpixel 4.0 display?

The Pimoroni Hyperpixel driver is written for Buster, the 32 bit version of Buster.
How did you install it on Kali?

Kali actually has the options built in now in the raspi-config LCD screen settings.
I am having an issue trying to get it to install on a RPi 400 with the CyberHAT and the HyperPixel 4.0 screen. In 64-Bit mode, if I use the raspi-config method, I get black screens on both HP4.0 as well as HDMI, and if I use the CURL method it won’t install, stating hardware is unsupported.
If I try in the 32-bit version, raspi-config method also gives me the black screens, and CURL method gets me through the full install, but on reboot it hangs at the rainbow screen.

I also have the same problem … Did you manage to get it to work?

There is a compatibility issue with the Hyperpixel and cyberdeck. Just a FYI post.
Adafruit customer service forums • View topic - Pi400, Cyberdeck, and Hyperpixel4 (non-touch) not working.