Hyperpixel 4 - touchscreen not working


I am trying to get a hyperpixel 4 working but I’m having trouble with the touchscreen. I used the script recommended on the product page to install the drivers.
Can someone please provide some indication on how to debug the issue?

Thanks !

Can you please give more information about what’s working and what’s not. And which Pi you’re using.

Welcome to the forum.


I am using a raspberry pi 4 and I got the LCD working but not the touchscreen.
I am running the latest raspbian buster.

I don’t have one myself but someone will chime in. In the meantime search the forum for your issue.

I found this: Hyperpixel 4.0 - the *Touch* is NOT working and
Hyperpixel 4.0 - touch not working

I hope this helps.

I have been searching pimoroni forum and google. It looks like there are a few people with this issue. No clear solution yet.
What interface is the touchscreen on? I2C?

I haven’t been able to find any technical data on the TS. Have you contacted tech support at Pimoroni?

No, I didn’t. Are they monitoring the forum?

The pinout is here

It doesn’t use i2c for touch. SPI maybe?
I have to ask the obvious, your sure its the touch version? I only ask because there is a non touch version.
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bash is what you ran from command line? The 4 in the hyperpixel4 is important. Although, if you had run the other hyperpixel installer the screen likely wouldn’t be working at all. I’ll ask anyway just to be sure though.

There are alternative install instructions here for the Pi 4, if that helps.

There is a “contact us” link on the main shop page you can use to contact Pimoroni directly via e-mail.

If you go that route put a link to this thread in that support e-mail.

I can confirm I do have the touch version, I checked after I saw similar questions on other threads.
I did use the same command to install the drivers.
I will have a go and try the alternative install instructions.

Thank you !

Turns out it was an assembly issue. I took my setup apart and put it back together. It now works. I remember some i2c related errors in dmesg.

What ever works. :) Glad you got it working.