I don't think that my motion module is working

Hi,

No matter what I do, I cannot get the motion module to output anything. However, given the lack of docs, I don’t really know if this is just me, or if it’s a faulty part.

I connect the motion module as an input in Rockpool, but the line always stays flat, nothing appears to come out, no matter which options I choose for motion, or what I connect as an output!

Is there something that I’m missing?

Thanks.

Do you know if you’re using the latest-n-greatest firmware and version of Rockpool? If so, you should be seeing something like this:

I updated with curl -sS get.pimoroni.com/rockpool | bash

on Monday (11.7.16). Is that the latest?

In answer to your query, I have no red lines curving beautifully like yours do! Mine are all flat.

Was there an update since Monday perhaps?

Nothing’s changed recently that should affect your Motion module, but I just wanted to make sure you had a recent-enough version to discount any old bugs or gripes. There’s a good chance it’s a dud! Drop a line to support@pimoroni.com and we’ll sort you out a replacement.

Hi, I seem to have the same problem. Is there a known issue with the Motion module? No output from any port, running latest builds.

Do you see the same result if you use the online Rockpool Edge, instead of the local version? http://flotil.la/rockpool-edge/