I'm just seeking advice on what I need - please

Hi, I’m Andrew, I’m new, I’m old, I know a bit about IT, I know nothing about Pi, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

I’m trying to setup a DAKboard calendar which says you can use Rasberry PI

I’m planning on using the Hannspree HT 225 HPB Touch monitor (unless you advise otherwise / alternative)

I’m guessing I will need the - Raspberry Pi Zero W + Essentials Kit – Zero WH

What I hope to achieve is

1. attach (glue?) the Pi unit to the back of the monitor (not on VESA as that will be used for wall mounting)

2. can I power Pi from the monitor

3. Will I have the right display cables to connect

4. Will the Touch functionality work

5. can I connect a keyboard and mouse (I have wireless usb kybd + mouse)

Am I making any sense? I’m sure I’ve forgotten something?

If you could help me spec what I need I would be very grateful, Then I can buy it from you!

Thanks very very much.

At a guess from looking at the specs of that monitor:

• can I power Pi from the monitor

I would guess no. It has a USB for touch control, but there’s no information on what kind of power it can provide and as something which is technically the USB device rather than the host it might not even provide much power at all.

• Will I have the right display cables to connect

The monitor has an HDMI input, the Pi Zero has a Mini HDMI output. You’ll need an HDMI mini to HDMI cable.

• Will the Touch functionality work

I don’t know, the manual says no driver is needed for Windows, but Linux on the Pi may be a different story. They don’t seem to provide Linux drivers.

• The Zero has a single microUSB port, you could use a hub to connect multiple devices, or use a wireless keyboard which uses a single dongle for both of them.

One thing I’d say is that they seem to recommend the Pi Zero 2 W at a minimum, so you might not want to use the standard Pi Zero W.

Thanks very much for that Shoe. I appreciate it.