Inky pHat Yellow has vertical streaks

Howdy,

I recently got an inky pHat Yellow from Adafruit. After some messing around with the libraries, I was able to get the demos from the new Inky library working through my Raspberry Pi 3B+. I’ve been encountering a strange issue, though, and I’m not sure if it’s software or a hardware issue.

When displaying yellow, I get these black alternating lines on the left side of the device, and for anything I display, I get a weird white/orangey line, also on the left side.

Here is an imgur album of the other issues, because this forum doesn’t let me put more than one image in a post: https://imgur.com/a/SC8SbNe

I’m not exactly sure what to attribute these issues to, but I’m leaning towards a hardware defect. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Hi,

Did you get any resolution to this problem? I seem to have the same issue with a new Inky Impression, band along the top of the screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nope, still no answer :/

If you think it’s a hardware issue you’re probably better off emailing Pimoroni: support@pimoroni.com. Unfortunately staff members aren’t very active here.

1 Like