Introduce yourself!

Welcome aboard. The Sense Hat is a nice bit of kit, lots to learn with that, with all the sensors etc on board. I have two, and it was money well spent. I learned a lot of python playing with my sense hat. https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-sense-hat

Something else to get is a bread board breakout board. https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/adafruit-pi-t-cobbler-plus-kit-breakout-for-raspberry-pi-b There are kits with it included that will tech you electronics etc. https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/adventures-in-minecraft-parts-kit
And have a look around here, https://learn.pimoroni.com/

Hi all, I’m Mark. I’ve been writing software since the early 1980’s. I’m retired and use my Raspberry PI hobby to keep me engaged/busy and to keep my mind sharp. I’ve deployed a PiVPN (VPN server), OctoPi (3D printer controller), Cups Server (a USB only printer is now network enabled), 4 SqueezeLite players (whole house audio renderers), a RasPlex player (video renderer) and a Kodi player (audio and video renderer at my Mom’s house). My wife, while supporting my hobby, thinks I’m a bit of a loon for being so excited about the stuff I do with these small computers. I usually remind her that I’ve ALWAYS BEEN a bit of a loon and just have a slightly different focus now.

Afternoon all!

I’m William, I always go by “neuro” online, I’m a sysadmin by day and a geek by night.

I’ve been trying to get into rPi shenanigans for a while, ever since I was working at Broadcom and missed out on a pre-release batch of Model Bs (dammit, Eben!). This might sound like a bit of a suck-up, but I’ve only ever bought Pi kit from Pimoroni. Part of the allure was always the PiBow cases; so nifty and colourful! First Pi was a Pi 2 Model B as part of the Starter Kit; I still have it here, with it’s USB WiFi dongle sticking out the side ;)

Some of the stuff I’ve been playing with recently:

• WDLabs cases and drives - the PiDrive is genius, shame they’ve EOLed their whole line
  • ClusterHAT - having four Pi Zeroes in a wee cluster on top of a Pi 3 Model B+ is pretty cool
  • inkyphat + HyperPixel displays - literally just got these today; struggling a smidge with the inkyphat package requirements (I’ll get there!), but the HyperPixel works brilliantly

… and I’m the first person to complete the advanced user tutorial!

Hi all, my forum name is CherryMan which is a reference to my last name and nothing else so don’t get any ideas ;-).

I’ve been tinkering with Raspberry Pi devices for the last two years or so and I’ve learned a lot since. The more I understand, the more I catch the bug and that’s led to quite a collection of different Pi’s and §HATs. I’m quite the fiddler but finishing a project is a challenge for me most of the time. However, I know I wouldn’t have been where I am now without the help of others, so I want to contribute/help as much as I can.

During the day I’m an IT architect at a relatively small, yet globally operating private (or enterprise) wide area network provider. I join sales people as a consultant to help translate a (potential) customer’s requirements into services that we can deliver. I make the high level (to mid level) designs to be priced by sales and then I present the technical bits. If we get the contract, I work out all the lower level details together with the customer to build the service but I’m not actually configuring the hardware/software that we use for that.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to contribute where I can so more people can enjoy building stuff yourself. Thanks for reading this far ;).

Imma Kat… Watch me knock over your books…

Hey guys, this is Saurabh here from CA, USA. I love what Picade did to our family time at home last year.
I got a chance today only to write about it. Have a look: http://saurabh29july.blog/raspberry-pi-retro-gaming-arcade-picade/

Hi. I’m Allen from New Jersey, USA (not old Jersey UK). I heard about RPi stuff years ago but didn’t do anything with it. In 2018, it’s my new hobby. I have been to Sheffield (the company I work for has a plant in Brinsworth), and have had a pint, and a curry there. I shop at the MicroCenter stores here, and they had a lot of Pimoroni gadgets, that’s how I learned about the Pimoroni products. Features are great, price is good. Lots to learn here. I love my envirophat, and automation phat, and zero lipo. Oh, and I’m an automation engineer, coming from the world of PLCs.

I am sorry I lost access to my account and now havve created a new one!

Hi, I’m Jim I live just up the big road, in Leeds. I started piing when they first came out. I’ve had a few years off now but have suddenly got interested again.

Hello, my name is Jack I live in Canada , and i bought my first Pi a couple of years ago ,now i have way to many [ if that’s even possible ] and a number of hats and pHATS lcd screens and more,I have bought a lot of my stuff from Pimoroni because of the great help given with all devices ,the Pimoroni team is second to none !
My current build is a Pi Top, using and old Toshiba laptop and lcd driverboard and a Pi Zero W.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100931101162265604587/album/6577341906858854129/6577341905103762338?authkey=CKDDr8mZo9qlBQ

Hi, my name is Leo. I am a circuit and PCB designer specializing in high performance audio products, but have designed all sorts of stuff, from fire alarm systems to cameras.

HI Folks

Relative Noobe here, ive not realy done much programing but have tinkerd with various things from lawnmowers to reprogramming £500K drill rig CPUs but only uploading/downloading files to make them work not actualy getting into the programs myself (but id like to… just the wouldnt let me… ;-D )

I did try to set up a mincraftPE server on a Rpie for my kids, which worked for a short while till they kept updating the versions and i couldnt keep up (but id like to revisit that some day).

This time I’m on a project mission to make bits of one vehicle work when bolted to another vehicle its not designed to go into. Unfortunately with modern advancements there not using digital signal switches but resistence laders witch is great for the OEM manufacture as they need less wiring, but not as good for me as i need more technology to make it work.

if youve read this far then whoop, if not who cares but will go looking for advice and tell you all about my plans ini think the projects section.
cheers for now
airthies.

Всем привет. Меня зовут Артём. Работаю инженером.

у меня проблема. Простатит. Из-за этого расходятся волны от неё. Этим пользуются геи, думая, что я из их числа. Из-за этого возникают серьёзные проблемы во время эфира. Я экстрасенс, вижу образы, не подумайте - это не моё больное воображение, но это идёт в эфир и не только био. Могу на расстоянии в тысячи км отомстить тому, кто покушался на мой анус. Люди злы, но я борюсь, пытаясь открыть свою душу. Диджей. В 2014 мой микс занял 1-е место. Верю в Бога. Попытаюсь стать совершенство.

HI, My name is Clive and I share a love of electronics and I.T.! I work in the industry providing support to network infrastructure and telephony and all the stuff in between. I currently have two Pi 3’s, 1 Pi 3B+ and a Pi Zero. So far I have used my Pi’s for retro gaming stuff, just starting to tinker a little more now so figured I had better join the forum!

Hi Clive! Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice little collection of Pis. :-)

I’m Captain Radio, but my family calls me Nick, much against my wishes.

A few years back, I got a ham radio license and started messing around on the local repeaters with some Baofengs I ordered with my lunch money. As it turns out, I was not so much a fan of transmitting things as I was listening. I found that my place was more surfing the airwaves, instead of contesting to get this or that check in some particular box. So, I gravitated more toward shortwave radio and lashing whip antennas to trees and listening to all the wondrous and strange things I could hear with my trusty Kaito KA1103 from my area in Michigan, US.

I do not get to travel much, largely due to finance, but I try to make the best of where I’m at. While that does not always work, there is always the radio waiting, like an old friend, somewhere nearby. I find it relaxing to just sit and scan, tuning my local world out while at the same time tuning the broader world in.

My interest in small electronics and single-board computers demanded that, at some point, I find out what was going on inside my radios and build a few of my own. Thus begins my journey!

Welcome to this turn in your road ,Enjoy your journey ,may it never end!

Hi my name is Meirion (good old fashioned Welsh name). I’m a Design Technology teacher in Pembrokeshire, i have been teaching for about 20years now but before that i was an animation assistant for 10yrs and even further back in the mists of time i did a Degree in Industrial Design in Sheffield. I’m never happier than when I’m in a workshop and i’m very lucky to have access to 3D printers, CNC router, laser cutter, Plasma cutter, MIG, TIG welding kit etc. I love CAD and have used many systems over the years. I have a 9yr old son who is very into coding and i set up a pi network in the house that he uses for everything! We have done some good automation / robotics projects and had fun making the cardboard AIY kit. Recently made a PiKon telescope which is amazing thanks to Mark Wrigly also from Sheffield. Latest STEM project in school is a submersible ROV which is a lot of fun.

Hello I am Roger. I have a Pi2 with HiFiBerry Digi+ and official 7” touch LCD screen running Moode audio as a digital source for my hifi. Had great fun putting it all together and great satisfaction creating a true audiophile player for my digital music collection that sounds stunning.

Hi, I’m Spanish, and my English is poor … I’m sorry.
Well, I’m a fan of video games and new to the world of pi, I hope to learn something here …
regards