My RPI 4B connects to wi-fi/ethernet but no internet

Hi Newby here
I have just received a Raspberry pi 4b installed Raspbian and created ssh and wpa_supplicant.conf with my wifi credentials but when updating it comes up with a message failling to sync to time or something.
There is no luck with the ethernet cable either. My internet works fine.
Please help!
thank you

I’m not sure if it matters, but have you set your local / country? That can mess up the WIFI. Headless and remoting in from another device over your LAN?

this is what’s in on my wpa_supplicant.conf file
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=GB

network={
ssid=“vodafonexxxxxxx”
psk=“XXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

I tried to connect ssh-ing from my macbook and I could not get it to connect either.
Thank you very much

Me personally, I have never been able to get “my” wpa_supplicant file to work.
How do you know its connecting over WIFI?
If possible, I’d connect a monitor and keyboard and setup the WIFI that way. A TV will do for a monitor. Assuming you have the required HDMI cables etc.
Otherwise your going to have to wait for somebody that know how to create a working wpa file. All my attempts have failed, likely a format issue or something. To be honest I didn’t try all that hard. I give one or two tries and then just bail.

I have connected it using a screen and the home page shows that wi-fi /ethernet connected. but cannot go online using the browser and also when updating the RPI it fails as no internet connectivity.
could the RPI be faulty?
thank you

I don’t think so. I’m far from any kind of networking expert though. Sounds more like your router / firewall is blocking it. You could try pinging a well know Internet site like Google?
And pinging another device / PC on your Lan?

What can you “ping” from Terminal ?

a) Try typing: ping 1.1.1.1

b) Try: typing ping www.google.com

If a) shows results but b) fails then perhaps investigate your DNS settings.