PiCade Android App

Hey guys, I have just purchased a PiCade and I absolutly love it. After setting mine up I have decided to make a Android app that will allow some remote features of the picade such as, connecting to it on a local network, get basic Pi’s information back such as CPU, temp etc. It would also allow installation of the PiCade software etc.

I also wanted it to be a easy way to load files onto the PiCade via the device such as transfer files to it wirelessly. Would anyone else be interested in this? If so ill get to work, or if you can think of any additional features let me know.

I was thinking also a good place to showcase mods and pics?

Unfortunatly I’m not so good with IOS programming.

Thanks for reading

Keith

2 Likes

I have started putting the app together but decided it will run as a web app for phones etc as this allows me to target all users using iPhone / Android / Browser.

Here are some crude screenshots.

Keith

1 Like

This looks awesome. If you’re looking for testers, I’m happy to help. I have two Picades…one running on a 2 and one on a 3B+.

1 Like

Thanks Marty I’ll send you a link when it’s ready for testing.

Keith

1 Like

So as I was working on the app tonight I actually stumbled upon ome built into retropie called RetroPie Manager. It has all the features I wanted to add less a few, so I think I’ll download the code and modify that instead.