Picade Console - command line to setup device not working

I bought a picade console and built it yesterday.
Everything seems ok, retropie is booting, but when I try to enter the command line in the terminal to install the software I get an error :

curl https://get.pimoroni.com/picadehat | bash

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

Exploring curl’s options I tried to launch the same bypassing SSL verification by adding --insecure option in above command

Seems to work at first, I get the prompt asking to execute despite the risk, then it seems ok :

Checking environment…
Updating apt indexes…

but then I get the following error :

E: The repository ‘https://packagecloud.io/kintaro/pcb/raspbian stretch Release’ does no longer have a Release file
Apt failed to update indexes!

So no joystick or buttons working although I can still continue to use my wireless 8bitdo gamepad, but that’s of course not the initial purpose of buying a picade console :-)

I don’t know how to resolve this, I assume the installer should be updated with another source, but I have absolutely no idea what to do…

I also bought a 10" screen picade that I will build today, I suppose I will get the same issue when trying to install software…

If anyone could help me, thanks in advance !

What version of Raspbian is it running?
I just recently got that error on my Pi A+ while trying to do the install for some sensor breakouts, Breakout Garden stuff. That Pi was running Stretch or maybe even Jessie, which “I think” was the issue. When I started all over with a fresh Buster image, no error message.
That Pi was running headless and had not been updated in a long while. My issue started after upgrading the hardware but not the OS.

Thanks, indeed probably a too old version, will try with a fresher one.
As mentioned in my previous post, I also bought a 10" picade with built in screen, just finished to build it and I have other issues so I will open a dedicated post.

Can be marked as resolved, with a fresh version of retropie everything works fine !

Thanks for posting back with that info. That confirms my suspicion that is was an out of date OS issue.