PiZero won't boot

Ok, some of those cell phone chargers do weird things voltage wise, that the Pi may not like.
I’m not a big E-Bay fan myself. Lots of god stuff, but also lots of dubious stuff on there too.
Anyway, hopefully you get something happening out of all of this.

Thanks and I’ll let you know.

A bit late for this , and I suspect you already know:

After recieving a new PiZero from here, I bought another 8Gb microsd card from a local shop. I then used etcher to burn the raspian image, inserted it into the card slot and prayed.
I powered up the pi and watched for the led to light up, which it did and then kept a close on the monitor.
The Pi desktop appeared, and that was good enough for me. After a couple of reboots due to some changes etc, I setup the pi form what I wanted it for.
So, it maybe was faulty PiZero’s, but I won’t know that until I try another card in them.

I’m going through something similar right now myself. I have a Pi 3B+ that fairly often locks up and totally freezes. I have to power cycle it to get it to run. I’ve spent days trying to sort out if its the Pi, the SD card, or the OS running on it. It was running a headless Motion Eye setup. Now its running Raspbian with monitor and keyboard. It’s been a struggle to nail down what’s causing my lock ups. I’m not 100% sure but its looking like the Pi has a hardware issue. Anyway, I can sympathize with what your going through.

Yes, it’s strange how some hardware goes faulty after a relative short time, as I had Raspberry Pi that packed up on me earlier this year, and when I put an sd card in it, it gets very hot and is unusable. I wish I knew why.

Oh, I had a look at that motioneye project you are doing, and I fancy doing it myself now, as it look interesting.

Yeah, this is the first Pi I’ve owned where I didn’t cause it to fail, lol. I’ve fried one PI Zero, I let the magic blue smoke out. My own fault not paying attention to what I was doing. Plugged it into a pHat with the GPIO one row off. I was feeding power in VIA the GPIO. pHat was fine, Pi zero not so much.
This Pi 3B+ was bought Aug 30th so its about 50 days old. Too late to return it. I’m still mucking about with it trying to sort out what exactly isn’t working. It sort of works which makes it even more frustrating, if it was totally dead it would have gone in the recycling bin by now. It may still end up there. Time will tell.

Just a quick question, what size of sd card did you use for motioneyes os. I ask because I don’t want waste loads of space on a 16Gb card I have.

Thanks

I’m using 16 gig because thats what I had on hand. All my smaller capacity cards were already in use in other projects. Extra free space can come in handy as it saves any videos or pictures you take to the Pi’s SD card by default. It auto expands to use all of the card. One of mine is showing 0.0/14.4 GB (0%) for file storage. 1.6 GB used for Motioneye I guess?
Setup is a bit of a pain. You have to have an Ethernet netwrof connection or it will just endlessly reboot. Thats with the stock install without adding your own wpasuplicant file. Thats a pain if your trying to set it up on say a Pi Zero. I just plugged my 3B’s into my router with an ethernet cable. Then went in via the Motion Eye web interface and setup the WIFI. Then unplugged the ethernet and rebooted them.

For what its worth I have 7 or 8 Pi Zero W’s here, I’ve lost track of how many I actually own, lol. And all worked just fine right out of the box. The one failure I had was my own doing. I’ve also bought that many again other models over the years, A+'s, B+'s, 2B’s, 3B’s etc, all worked OK out of the box.
Micro SD card’s are another matter. I’ve had one Sandisk card fail, showed as 30 kbyte. I still trust and prefer those cards though, stuff happens. That card was in use for a long while before it failed.
The verdict is still out on my Lexar cards. I haven’t made up my mind if I trust them yet. I may just have one iffy card in the bunch I bought all at the same time?

Ok, I’ll use the 16Gb card then. I’ll have to get another Raspberry pi3 for that project.

Well I have 1 Raspberry Pi, 3 Pi Zeros and 8 Arduinos, of which 6 are for working projects.

Thanks for the info as well.

I haven’t bought an Arduino “yet”. Thought about it a few times. I have a couple of BBC Micro-Bits here. Played with them a little bit. Haven’t really done anything constructive with them yet.

I tried a Pi Zero W with Motion Eye but IMHO it wasn’t up to the task. Video lagged very badly. I didn’t spend a lot of time tweaking the settings to try and get it working better though. I had a 3B sitting there doing nothing and switched to that. Much better performance and hardly any lagging.

I like the WEB interface in Motion Eye. Wish there was a one button record though, like the one button snapshot. It’s not perfect but I have yet to find anything I consider better than Motion Eye.