Raspberry Pi B+ power supply problems

Hiya everyone!

I recently bought a new raspberry pi b+ model, and attached it to the hyper pixel touch screen. I can’t seem to get past the multi colour screen with the thunderbolt displayed. I’m using the raspberry pi official power supply, and I can’t seem to get enough power going. Is it a fault?

Thanks for reading!

Is this with the hyperpixel connected? Did it boot fine with an HDMI screen in order for you to set it up initially? Or is this what you’re currently seeing over HDMI?

Hiya!

Even with the touch screen disconnected, the pi still says that there’s not enough power.

Are you using an old SD card in your Raspberry Pi 3B+? That could be the problem. If the software is not up-to-date enough it wont work.

You can insert it into your old Pi and run “sudo apt update” and “sudo apt upgrade” in Terminal to get it back on track, as long as it’s sufficiently new.

You can use the commands lsb_release -a and uname -a to get strings that’ll let me know how up to date it is.

I have finished updating everything on my SD card, and the card works fine in my pi zero W. It still gives the power error message for the B+ though.

Just to confirm, this a 3B+ right? I ask because there is also an older B+ model from way back.
There was a glitch for a while shortly after the 3B+ was released where you would get a false low voltage warning. That was fairly quickly patched as far as I know. If you’ve done a sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade that should fix it.
Another option is to try doing a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. I’m pretty sure it won’t make things any worse.