Screen gets power, no image

I just finished a new build of a picade that I purchased on Amazon. The only thing that doesn’t seem to be working is the screen, which is getting power but not producing an image. I have added the required line to the config file, run power both through the pi and directly to the monitor, neither make a difference. I have connected a screen / monitor via HDMI directly to the pi and things work great…

Any thoughts?

0 Likes

Checked the flat flex cables are all completely seated and level?

0 Likes

Don’t add a Line, download notepad++ and open the config.txt on your sd card via notepad. Remove the # in the Line hdmi_force_hotplug=1. Save the file and enjoy your picade!!!

0 Likes

Checked and checked. The screen worked the first day I had it assembled, it came on while I was working out some kinks with the controls and sounds. Then it developed a white tint and eventually grew to have no image at all.

0 Likes

I have done that… no luck. I ended up buying a replacement screen for it that arrived today.

0 Likes

Hi, Yes! I was facing the similar issue but I haven’t got the replacement screen yet through FinancePolice. What should I follow till now?

0 Likes