I have just ordered from a german seller a Picade kit.
I have been using MAME for years and this machine would be mostly dedicated
to playing old arcade games; I already have a full-size, a mid-size and a micro-size Mame machine (Wiz-based), I’m missing the mini-size! :)
- I’m used to have the joystick on the right and the buttons on the left;
is it possible to just turn over the upper part of the console? I would need to redo
the artwork anyway, so this is not a problem…
- what about exchanging the standard joystick with an Ultimarc Servostik?
Would it fit inside? Anybody did that? I would hide a switch under the bezel, to activate it, or I could use RGBCommander (even though I don’t know where to start looking to insert the command-line for switching…); on my big control panel I have two Ultrastik 360, I have read that another user has installed one of this joystick in the Picade, but I’m not sure it is the best choice on the Raspberry PI (I have written my own utility on Windows to change maps on the fly, but I have not been programming on Linux for many years);
- talking about RGBCommander, I could consider changing the buttons with RGB
Ultralux buttons from Ultimarc, so I would need also a PacLED64 and maybe a separate 5V power supply; suggestions?
- I’m considering an upgrade from the 8" LCD to a 12.1" LCD; I found this one:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/251766791108?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. I should add a 12 V PSU, but apart from that do you think it will do the job?
- hlsl filters: I have seen that AdvMame has a few filters; is it the preferred
emulator, when it comes at emulating CRT effects? mame4all-pi is faster, but there are also lr-mame2003, lr-mame2010, fba… I’m a little lost!
Thank you for your answers.