Some power supplies don't fit

This power supply (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1995) will not fit in a Pibow Coupe case with a RPi 2.
The middle layer hits on the large plastic surrounding the USB connector.
If someone were to try to run it this way the connector is not secure, and we all know what happens to the SD card if the power is suddenly disconnected
A little grinding fixed the problem for me, I am a DIY kind of guy, but some people won’t like it.

This has been a pet peve of mine for a long time, devices get smaller and the plastic around the connectors gets bigger.
This is not the first time I have had to modify a part to solve this problem.

This is not a complaint, I am a happy customer.
I just thought you should know.

I also sent this message to Adafruit and the RPi forum.

Can you post a photo for me please? Our case provides plenty of space to accommodate the power connector of any in spec USB cable. (The USB spec places limits on how large the plastic shroud is allowed to be).

Thanks!

My middle piece was backwards, no problem, sorry about that.

You’re not the first, and won’t be the last. Don’t worry about it! :-)

Hi,
I’m struggling to get my new Official 2.5amp power supply into my RPi 3.
Layer 2 of my Pi-bow stops it going in far enough.
I just wonder whether there’s been ay tweaking of the design of layer 2 since my order was dispatched ?
kind regards

I suspect you have layer two the wrong way round! Our case provides ample space for all in-spec USB microB shrouds!

Hi Jon,
You suspect correctly. I’m mildly embarrassed having read the thread before contributing but hey-ho.
My apologies and thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 Like

Your humility earns you +10 Pirate Probing Points to redeem in a future technical enquiry!