Suggestions for chicken house monitor with PiZero!

Hi all,

I am planning a project that will monitor a chicken house.
I envision using the Zero for its low power, and also because I (hope) the sensors I want are light enough on power…

Here is what I am looking for:

• Pi Zero as main board (I can connect to it using house wifi which should be strong enough)
  • Temperature sensor
  • Humidity sensor
  • Air quality sensor
  • Barometer sensor
  • Standard + Infra-red camera - detect the birds but also night use & heat sensing for freshly laid eggs!
    (I am thinking of using OpenCV or Tensorflow for this purpose perhaps if not too heavy?)
  • PIR to detect movement and start monitoring with camera… (else wasting battery?)

So … I am looking for advice/suggestions on:

-> will the zero handle all of this?
-> what kind of power requirement would it have … will a rechargeable power-pack keep it running a while or should I look at solar?
-> any suggestions for sensors I can use?

Looking forward to your comments!

cheers,

Allen.

The BME680 will do the Air Quality, temp, humidity and barometric pressure. I have one in one of my projects, not using the air quality part though. Mine is wired to a Pi A+ running headless, no WIFI being used. I display my info locally on a sense hat LED matrix. Mine is powered by a PowerBoost 1000c and 6600 MAH LIPO battery. I plug it into a power supply to recharge when needed. It’s portable and gets used outside during the day and recharged over night.