Unicorn Hat Projects

I’ve been messing about with my unicorn hat for about a week now. It’s been quite fun, here are my projects up to this point.

A PiNary Clock:

Snake:

2 Likes

Some more projects since I can only post two links at a time.

Game of Life:

Scrolling Marquee:

Wow, you’ve been busy! Really nice work. Particularly the binary clock and game of life- I love how the latter is set up.

Are you using keyboard input for snake?

I am using keyboard input. My plan is to add a 5-pod switch. I just need to figure out how I want to get access to the GPIO in an aesthetically pleasing way.

I also did Tetris:

1 Like

That looks great :) .

Any chance you can share the source code for some of these? I really like the scrolling text and the “Pinary clock”

Hi, I’ve been tinkering with a pi zero w and unicorn phat and released a tutorial on how to make a portable Smart Light here:
Instructables

Here’s a picture of the project:
Smart-Light

I’ve provided a simple ‘download-and-flash’ image that allows you to control the unicorn phat with homekit. One cool feature is that the pi zero w is an AP so you can use it without wifi, making it portable. Hope you like it :)

A thank you for Sandy for providing an awesome tutorial on controlling mote with siri.

1 Like

@ace That’s absolutely fantastic! We’ll tweet that. Are you on Twitter and, if so, what’s your handle?

Hi Sandy,

I’m glad you like the project :)

Unfotunately, I’m not on Twitter. but you can find me on Instructables and Github.