HDMI 8" colour cast

Hi

I’ve got the HDMI 8" screen and there is a strange pinky cast over most of the display, you can see a pure white strip on the left. I’ve checked it’s not the protective film causing it…

Anyone have any ideas?

I’d reseat / reattach the ribbon cable going from the driver board to the display.
And if the setup menu has a reset to defaults I’d do that.

Had a go but sadly it’s not helped :(

I don’t own one, so not sure what to try next? Have tried adjusting the brightness, contrast, and or any color settings it has? Pink to me means the Red is set to high.

Thanks - it looks like I’ll be chatting to the returns department :(

Changing settings doesn’t help and I also have that band of correct white on the left of the screen so it’s not going to be a full-area setting, I would think.

Yeah, I think your right. Go to the Shop page and click the “contact us” link at the bottom. That will get you an option to e-mail support directly.

1 Like

Thanks for your help :)

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

I had not, but I’ve just pulled the working one from the back of the TV and it’s not helped unfortunately

What’s the current rating of the power supply your using? And is it powering both the display and the Pi?

Tried it with a couple, best one is 2A just powering the screen. Also tried it with a laptop now with the same result, so that lessens my hope that i’s just a config setting on the Pi :/

According to the product page it needs “Power supply: 5V, 780mA” so 2A should have been more than enough. Power cord built into the power supply or plugged in separately?

Built in, it’s PiHut one (shhh! :)

Thats Ok, just wanted to make sure its a good quality supply. The cheap ones will often have thin wires which causes a voltage drop across the cable. Same deal for the ones with separate cables. If its a cheap cable with thin wires you get the same voltage drop. That usually gets you low voltage warnings and other weirdness.
I have lots of bits and pieces in projects from other retailers. There are some things I just can’t get here. I don’t think they are too bothered by that as long as its thier bit of tech your main issue is with.
I’ve been buying the official Pi Foundation Power supply lately. Mainly because thats what Pimoroni sells. I’ve bought half a dozen or so, lost count, and have no complaints with any of them. Just saying, and not meaning to imply that there is anything wrong with yours. I probably have one kicking around here someplace, lol.

lol :)

I have an official Pi supply around here somewhere but goodness knows what I’ve done with it! This particular project is destined to live in a car but it’s in an early stage so still running off mains electric in the house at the moment.