HyperPixel Color problems

Hi, I’m having problems with my HyperPixel not showing the proper colors. The screen has an overall tint of green, and when picking a color from a color wheel (in a Raspbian LXTerminal preferences) it’s looks like the colors that are sent to the display are not in the format that the display is expecting.

Take a look

I know it looks like the white balance is wrong; I can assure you that it is not. The screen really is that “green-skewed.”

I installed this by cloning the GitHub repo and running setup.sh.

I see that the current dpi_display_options is 0x6f016 - is that correct?

Here’s another example of the color issue. This is a single photo, of two displays, at the exact same moment in time, held directly adjacent to each other, and cropped to the relevant area. On the left is a monitor without any color issues. On the right is the HyperPixel. Same command run in both cases, came output expected.

On the HyperPixel, the 16 system colors that should be shown, instead show 8 colors, none of which are correct. The color cubes, all six of which should show 36 different colors, each show 4 different colors, the first four squares are identical to each other, and the last two are identical to each other as well.

A potential clue is the grayscale bar at the bottom. It should show about 24 different shades of gray. It shows 2…

So, something is up, and I am not sure what.

Thanks!

So, I think if no one has had any issues similar to mine that maybe my unit is faulty.

I don’t know. This thing is unusable, right now.

This sounds like it may be a problem with the ribbon cable. It’s worth shutting down your Pi completely, unplugging power, removing the HyperPixel and then reseating the cable connection on the rear of the HyperPixel.

If that still doesn’t fix the problem, then drop an email to support@pimoroni.com and we can arrange a replacement to be sent out to you.

HyperPixel colour depth

Will do. I’ll post here with results either way.

update: still green.

Drat! Pop an email to support@pimoroni.com and we’ll get you fixed up!