Is the One Line install for Pirate Radio working?

Hi there, I’ve been trying to set up my pirate radio up now for about two days, I know that the audio “driver” (i assume thats why’s directing the audio to the Phatbeat, My knowledge of the pi’s audio out put is lacking, i’m a Asio4 all man) is working as i test audio in terminal and it works fine (speaker-test) and lights up. now looking at my installed packages i cannot see VLC nor can i access via Https. am i missing something obvious?
Thanks
Ant

Are you using Buster?
I do believe the Pirate Radio installer has issues with Buster. Namely VLC hasn’t been updated or something, for Buster.
You can get stretch here if you want to try that.
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/
There are a couple of similar threads on the go if you do a forum search for Pirate Radio you should be able to find one or more of them.

I am using buster, I’ll test out stretch when I get home,

I should have asked this earlier, what model Pi are you using?
I ask because Stretch won’t boot up on a Pi 4B. The 4B will only run Buster.

It’s a zero w, its perfect on Stretch thanks,
When i was trying to troubleshoot Buster i found MOC works well and output with the LEDs, do you think there can a way the buttons can be encoded to work with MOC or is their a has buster completely broke compatibility with the human interface of Phatbeat

I’m not sure what got messed up in Buster. VLC is I think the main culprit as far as the Pirate Radio goes. My Pirate Radio has been running fine for well over a year now so I haven’t messed with it. I’m not even certain if its running Jessie or Stretch. I’ve just seen a few threads like yours when Buster showed up. And its not just the Pirate Radio.

The pHat Beat pinout is here, it shows what GPIO are used for what button / function.

The buttons on the pHat Beat just pull those GPIO pins low (ground) when pressed. I wired up my own mini arcade buttons to those GPIO and use them instead of the buttons on the pHat Beat. Mostly because of my pHat fingers, get it. ;)