New 10" Bundle Purchase Doesn't Work - sound

Is this product being supported any more or discontinued?
Purchase: Pimoroni Picade Cabinet Kit - 10" Display - PIM469, 16GB Card with NOOBS 3.1 for Raspberry Pi Computers, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - 4 GB RAM, and Official Raspberry Pi Power Supply 5.1V 3A with USB C - 1.5 meter long.
I’ve followed build, install, config @ Assembling your 8" or 10" Picade with PICO-8 several times EXACTLY starting from scratch and it doesn’t produce a working product.
There is EITHER 1) no sound and no way to add/adjust or 2) there is max’d sound and no way to adjust depending on how many times I go through the process @ the tutorial link above - like procedures shouldn’t produce two very different results on the same hardware.
I’ve tried DIY self-help following threads in this forum referencing “sound”, but they are either very old and/or, topic closed with no solution, or very recent hits with zero replies.
Various problems include inability to select HDMI or speakers from raspi-config, no mixer reported available as a brief message trying to enter any menu for audio settings menu in station or Retroarch.
Something has changed somewhere whether that’s RPi moving settings, Pimoroni not keeping up with latest builds/installs, or something else entirely.
Right now I have a $400 paperweight.