Picade Wi-Fi issue on Pi 3 B+ (can't connect to 5ghz)

Last topic today I promise! Basically after I installed the latest Retropie last night I’ve been unable to connect to the network I was previously on - I have a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz signal, the 2.4 is exclusively for my smart home things.

When initializing my network settings after the reset, the pi could only see my 2.4ghz network but couldn’t connect… After browsing this forum lady night I managed to get on using a different config menu but still couldn’t see the 5ghz network.

I’ve managed to get it mostly working but this will be an issue when I come to make my file transfers as I intend to do this in the 5ghz network, which I have previously been able to get on with the Picade.

Thanks in advance :) you peeps been very helpful so far!

Do your 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz networks have different SSIDs? Might be worth trying to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and just plugging the SSID/PSK right into that config file to see if the Pi finds and connects to the network that way.

Hi, ya the 2.5ghz has ‘2’ added to the name but it’s the only one visible - got it connected and transferred my game saves though but thanks for your help! I’d still like to get back on my main network though so I’ll give it a try!