Unicorn Hat won’t behave

Hi there,

I purchased a unicorn hat for a RPi model 2 B a few years but didn’t really do much apart from play around with some of the example files and it all worked fine. I have dug it back out as I would like to write a program for it and use it as a CPU usage monitor. Anyway I am still using the same model 2 B using a fresh SD card with the latest Rasbian install on it and I cannot get it to work. I have set hdmi_force_hotplug=1 in the config.txt file, audio is set to HDMI, but no matter which Python example I try and run on it, either just 2 of the LEDs light up or none at all.

I have followed the instructions on the Pimoroni guide to the letter and also downloaded the examples from GitHub but I get the same behaviour. I don’t get any error messages in the terminal window, I see the text telling me about the program, so as far as Python is concerned the RPi thinks that everything is working as expected but the hat just won’t behave.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance 👍😉

not sure it will help but maybe try an older version of Jessie maybe , good luck Index of /raspbian/images

Thanks for the suggestion. I’d really prefer trying to get it working on the current version as I use this Pi as an RPi laptop so I like to keep it up to date with the software. I do have a Zero and an RPi 4B so will test it on those but I am hoping to find a way to get it working again on the 2B. The Unicorn Hat is still sold so I am assuming there is a way to get it working on the latest distribution of Jessie.

Thanks again James.

I have the pHAT version and it works on latest OS , It was just a suggestion to see if it would work on the older OS on the older PI2 b.