Picade with Pi 4 not recognising any controllers

Hi there

Just Built my Picade with a raspberry pi 4. I installed raspberry pi 4 on the sd drive and got the bootup working ok, however it does recognse the jorsticks or any buttons. It does recognise the usb keyboard I plugged in. Any help would be appreciated !
cheers

Did you do the
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/picadehat | bash

Thanks for your reply
I cant even get to the screen to setup my wifi or am I missing something here?
I dont get that configuration screen when I boot up

PiOS Lite or the With Desktop version?
If you installed the Lite version it will boot to terminal and there is no GUI option available. You also won’t get the setup wizard if its the Lite version.

What do you get when you boot up?

Hi I was downloading the raspeberry pi 4 image here https://retropie.org.uk/download/
sorry im not that technical (ironic as I work for a software company!) when I boot up its goes through theretropie start up screen (multiple lines saying ok) thentakes me to a welcome screen where says no gamepads detected )(see image 2) and asks me to hold a button to configure (none of the buttons work). I then can press f4 (as usb keybard works) and gets image 1

I have never used RetroPi, you need to get to a terminal window to run the curl command I posted above, that will install whats needed for the Picade X hat that has the joystick and buttons.

Connect a USB keyboard to your Pi, and connect to Wi-Fi in the RetroPie menu. Press F4 to exit to the terminal and then type curl https://get.pimoroni.com/picadehat | bash to run the Picade HAT installer.

Reboot your Pi, if it doesn’t prompt you to. Press the “Alt” key on your keyboard and then select “Configure input” to configure your Picade’s controls. You’ll find that the sound and power button should both be working now too!

thanks for that
I cant event get to the configuration page on retropie to configure the wifi

any other ideas how I can get to that ?

Press F4 to exit to the terminal
Then run raspi-config.
In there you need to set your country / local etc, country timezone etc.
Once you do that the WIFI should be unlocked so you can set it up.

Ok did that set up my WiFi , then ran curl etc which appeared to download the hat driver. Rebooted Picard by turning off and on and still get same screen that it’s not recognizing controller :(

What should I do now?

That I don’t know? X hat firmly attached to the Pi? I don’t own a Picade or Picade X hat, all I can say is what I normally do with any Hat etc.

Hi Guys
I finally got everything working. so what I think helped was:

1. the HAT was replaced by Pimoroni , so original one may have be faulty
  2. I double checked that the wires were connected to the button, some were loose
  3. When emulation station comes up it says no controller detected, but that was misleading as I moved the joystick to up motion and it detected it

after that managed to install some mame games , which was a bit of a mission in irself as you need to get a rom set with the right emulator version
hope that helps